My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's what's for breakfast

We drink these smoothies several times a week for breakfast. They are easy, tasty, healthy and refreshing. I usually use frozen blueberries and strawberries (organic from TJ's) but any kind of fruit would do. If you don't have apple juice it's also good with soy milk or regular milk. I buy the yogurt in larger tubs so I always have it on hand. This recipe makes 2 servings.
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
1`banana
1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt (or any flavor you like)
1 cup apple juice
3 T flax oil

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if desired. Enjoy!

No comments: