My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Polenta Bites

I've made these a few times as a quick and tasty appetizer. They are very tasty little things and they are very versatile because you can add any topping on them you like. Last night I topped them with goat cheese and olive tapenade but they would be great with feta and tomatoes or mozzarella and pesto, the possibilities are endless!

Polenta Bites
1 tube polenta, cut into 1/4 inch think rounds
1 T olive oil
1 4 oz log of goat cheese
1 jar of olive tapenade- or whatever suits your fancy
Preheat oven to 400. Cover a baking sheet with foil.

In a large skillet heat the olive oil over med. heat. Add the polenta rounds and fry until they are slightly crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the oil and place on foiled baking sheet.

Top the polenta rounds with the goat cheese and then the tapanede. Heat in oven until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!



No comments: