My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Monday, March 10, 2008

More chicken...

We really like chicken at our house...can you tell? Anyway, this is a really simple chicken salad with a very tasty/tangy dressing I came up with. We had it for dinner with soup but it would be a great salad for lunch as well. With no mayo it makes great left overs to take to work.

Cranberry Chicken Salad w/ Ginger Sage Dressing

3 chicken breasts, baked & diced (I season mine with poultry seasoning & garlic salt)
1 cup pecans, toasted & roughly chopped
1 cup cranberries, dried
Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.

Ginger Sage Dressing

3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T honey
2 T dried sage
2 T minced ginger
1 1/2 t cinnamon
Salt & pepper
Wisk all ingredients together and toss with Chicken mixture. Serve over romaine lettuce.

Enjoy!

No comments: