My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bourban Chicken

Bourbon Chicken
(Source: RecipeZaar.com)

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce

Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until medium heat until well mixed and lightly browned. Remove Chicken.

Add remaining ingredients, heating until all is dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. (I added 1 T flour toward the end to thicken the sauce)Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.

1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

these recipes look yummy and easy enough for me to try! my hubby is a wonderful cook, but i have been working on cooking for him!