My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Chop Chop

I was craving one of those chopped salads that so many restaurants serve these days. The kind that has a lot of different textures and flavors all wrapped up in a crispy, fresh salad...Yum! After rummaging through my fridge and pantry this is what I came up with. It was very tasty and I can't wait to eat the leftovers!

Chop Chop Salad

1 head ice burg lettuce, finely chopped
2 pears, peeled and diced
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
Dijon Vinaigrette- recipe below

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.

Dijon Vinaigrette

1 garlic clove
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 T dijon mustard
3 T honey

Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until combined and dressing is creamy.

Toss with Chop Chop Salad

No comments: