My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Green With Envy

Green is my favorite color and I decided I would make a meal with everything green I could find in my kitchen. I probably should have waited until St. Patricks Day for this one but it was so good I think I'll make it again then! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs but breasts would also work fine. I served the chicken with baby bok choy and spinach sauteed with sesame oil and soy sauce and some couscous. The greens accompanied the chicken perfectly.

Green Chicken

1 cup cilantro
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (I used lite)
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1/2 of a jalapeno (seeded for less heat)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 cloves garlic
1 T olive oil
1 pound skinless boneless chicken (thighs or breast)

In a blender liquefy the cilantro, coconut milk, pumpkin seeds, jalapeno, spinach, chicken stock and garlic.

Salt and pepper chicken. Place in a large bowl and coat with the cilantro mixture. Marinade for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.

Heat olive oil medium heat in large saute pan. Remove chicken from the green sauce. Saute chicken in olive oil until starting to brown on both sides. Add the cilantro mixture to the chicken and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with greens, rice, couscous, etc...

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I think I'll give this one a try!