My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whatever is in the fridge Quiche

I think quiche is a great meal because you can really put anything in it and it tastes good. What wouldn't surrounded by eggs, cheese and pie dough? Therefore I usually just take whatever I have in the fridge at the moment and stick it in. This time it was spinach, a chicken breast and goat cheese so I'll give you the recipe for those ingredients. Feel free to go ahead and add whatever you happen to have in your fridge. Yum!

Quiche

1 pie shell- see recipe below
1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup goat cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (I use 1/2 cup regular & 1/2 cup low fat)
1 cup milk
4 eggs, beaten
2 T corn starch
Preheat oven to 375. Spread the chicken, spinach and goat cheese into prepared pie shell. Pour egg mixture over top making sure it gets under the meat and cheese. Bake for about an 1 hour or until browned.

Pie Dough
31/2 cups four
1/2 cup Bisquick
3/4 cup shortening
2 T sugar
3/4 t salt
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 egg
1/2 cup cold water
Mix all together with a pasty blender. Will make 3 large balls. Can be frozen.

Enjoy!

No comments: