My name is Andrea and I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen. I am a newlywed who loves to make meals for my husband as well as our friends & family. I am a complete amateur but I thought it would be fun to keep track of what I make and share my recipes. Bon Appetit!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Colorful Risotto

I was trying to think of a tasty side dish to go along with Steak and I didn't feel like pasta. I had 3 cans of sun dried tomatoes in the cupboard because they were on sale last week and some extra artichoke hearts in the fridge from some dip I recently made that I needed to use. I came up with sun dried tomato, artichoke heart and basil risotto and it was so good! We loved it and I will definitely make it again. It takes a little time but it is worth it!

Sun Dried Tomato, Artichoke Risotto

1/2 onion, chopped
1 t chopped garlic
1 T olive oil
1 cup risotto
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste


Heat chicken broth in medium pot until hot and beginning to simmer.

In large pot heat saute onion and garlic in oil for about 2 minutes. Add rice and saute for 2 more minutes. Begin to add chicken broth to the rice in 1/2 cup increments stirring constantly. Wait until most of the broth is absorbed by the rice before adding more. Continue the process until all of the broth has been added and is absorbed.

Mix in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes and basil. Salt and pepper and serve hot.


Enjoy!


No comments: